If you have fallen off of your 2016 fitness goals, do not fear, you are not alone! Just because you have one “off “day, you can always start over the next day. Give yourself a little wiggle room! The most important thing is to keep going, don’t quit. You’ve made a lot of awesome progress, so keep at it!
5 Easy Tips to Getting Back on & Staying on Track
- Cut out unnecessary calories by choosing to drink water or unsweetened tea. Cut out soda, fruit juice, fancy soda mixes, etc. Those calories add up quickly and are simple to cut. Save up to 500 calories a day depending on how many sugary drinks you normally consume! Wowza!!
2. Order from the appetizer menu. There are lots of yummy choices here that are much better in portion sizes! Bonus tip: Happy Hour is one of my favorite times to check out a new restaurant. It is an awesome way to try a variety of foods and really test drive the hot spot before you go all in! That way if you don’t care for it, you don’t feel bad about the money you spent. Calories and money saved!
3. Skip the chips or wheat crackers for celery, carrots & cucumber. Slice cucumber and use the same way you would use the cracker. Spread hummus, olive tapenade, add a baby tomato or crimini mushroom for a tasty, healthy snack. More veggie, less empty calories!
4. Salad dressing on the side, always! Ordering a salad can be healthy, but it can also pack a lot of hidden calories…and sugar! When the dressing comes on the side, you have control of how much you put on. Olive oil + red wine or balsamic vinegar is a tasty alternative to creamy dressings.
5. Have a sweet tooth? Try peppermint or chamomile tea with a little bit of honey, digest for a few minutes while you relax post meal and see if that curbs your craving from that richer dessert. Still have it, go ahead, have a little dessert, not the huge portion, better to satisfy than deprive. Moderation, of course!
A little here and a little there with an increase in exercise and boom! Before you know it, you can drop 10 pounds in 5 weeks! Hello swimsuit season!